- Final Push For Potential Nuclear Deal With Iran [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 7 hours ago
- AFMW: Becki Newton & Zachary Knighton of FOX’s "Weird Loners"Posted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
FOX & Food: Tips for a Tender Thanksgiving Turkey
Really want to impress with a tasty turkey this Thanksgiving? A dry bird is every cook’s nightmare for the holiday, and we have tips for tender, moist meat.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo has the advice:
For tender meat, some people swear by starting the turkey breast-side down. Still others soak cheesecloth in a butter mixture, then drape it over the breast and legs. “How to Cook Everything” author Mark Bittman believes it’s all about getting the bird to the right temperature.
(Bittman) “Between 155-165 degrees in the thickest part of the thigh.”
For beautiful, brown skin, he believes in starting with high heat.
(Bittman) “400-450, and when I’m convinced that the skin is gonna get brown enough, then I turn it down.”
To go beyond seasoning with salt and pepper, some like to inject a marinade. Still others rub herbed butter beneath the skin. Also, let the turkey rest for a while before carving, so juices can settle throughout the bird.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.