- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 4 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 6 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Welcome To The USA … What “Free Stuff” Can We Give You?
“Welcome to USA.gov,” a website maintained by the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), bills itself as the “primary gateway for new immigrants to find basic information on how to settle in the United States” — featuring a prominent section for new immigrants about how to access government benefits.
At a time when most Americans are calling for serious cuts and the markets are spooked by the looming fiscal cliff, should the government be advertising some of its costly programs and services to new immigrants? That is what one government site is doing! Can this country ever get serious about cutting government programs and entitlements if we’re encouraging people to use them?