- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 17 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
TX Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for DWI
A drunk driver has been taken off the streets for good in Texas, sentenced to life in prison after a simple traffic stop.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony has the story:
When Cornelio Garcia-Mata was arrested for drunk driving back in February, a cop asked him:
(Cop) “How much alcohol you been drinking today?”
And the answer was a lot.
(McCrary) “His blood alcohol was a .446.”
That’s the equivalent of a case of beer. But it wasn’t Garcia-Mata’s first offense, or second…or even fifth. It was conviction number eight, so a jury in Comal County, Texas sentenced the 45-year-old to life in prison.
(McCrary) “It was a good verdict for the community that that’s somebody that we won’t have to worry about killing somebody.”
…Chief Felony Prosecutor Sammy McCrary. Garcia-Mata had several failed chances at rehab.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.