- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 7 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 7 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
TX Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for DWI
A drunk driver has been taken off the streets for good in Texas, sentenced to life in prison after a simple traffic stop.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony has the story:
When Cornelio Garcia-Mata was arrested for drunk driving back in February, a cop asked him:
(Cop) “How much alcohol you been drinking today?”
And the answer was a lot.
(McCrary) “His blood alcohol was a .446.”
That’s the equivalent of a case of beer. But it wasn’t Garcia-Mata’s first offense, or second…or even fifth. It was conviction number eight, so a jury in Comal County, Texas sentenced the 45-year-old to life in prison.
(McCrary) “It was a good verdict for the community that that’s somebody that we won’t have to worry about killing somebody.”
…Chief Felony Prosecutor Sammy McCrary. Garcia-Mata had several failed chances at rehab.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.