- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 10 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Allergic to the Cold
Allergies to dust, food and chemicals are a common occurance…but what about an allergy to the temperature?
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A lot of people complain about cold weather, but now Mayo Clinic doctors say some kids are actually allergic to the cold. Similar to a pollen allergy, the cold allergy – called cold urticaria – has symptoms that range from rashes to closing of the throat.
The condition is very rare, affecting about one in 100,000 people. Health experts say the allergy could have a genetic cause, but may also be acquired over time.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.