- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 5 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 6 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Immigration Leads to Obesity
A new study suggests that immigrants are more likely to become obese the longer that they stay in the United States.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon explains in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research says living in the U.S. may be increasing obesity among immigrants. Data from the Rand Corporation, a California research institute, finds the longer immigrants from Mexico and their U.S.-born offspring spend in the States, the greater their odds of their becoming obese.
Scientists say the reason may be the American food environment, with larger serving sizes and calorie counts than most countries.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.