- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 10 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 12 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 13 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 11/16/2012
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
“OUTRAGEOUS!” The President admits they chose Ambassador Susan Rice as a spokesperson, but Brian thinks there are still too many unanswered questions: Who briefed Susan Rice? What exactly happened in Benghazi on that fateful day? Why didn’t we know about it? Who did it? Brian explores the answers to these questions with his guests.
HOURS ONE & TWO
“THIS IS THE BIGGEST TAX INCREASE SINCE 1970!” Larry McDonald, author and senior director of credit sales and trading at Newedge USA, gave Brian an expert’s perspective on the fiscal cliff. McDonald said that since 1970, we have never had any tax increases or spending cuts that were more than 1% of GDP. In a best case scenario, this tax increase is going to be 1.3-1.5% of GDP. “When we did the same thing back in 1969, the stock market went down by 35% over the next 12 months.”
Producer of A Christmas Story, The Musical and the actor who played “Ralphie” from the original 1983 film, Peter Billingsley, told Brian about his hit Broadway musical. Billingsley said that he thought making A Christmas Story into a musical would be a great idea because it captured the spirit of the film, and the fantasy sequences would make good musical numbers. To watch the full interview with Billingsley, sign up and become a premium podcast subscriber!
Chris Stirewalt weighed in on General Petraeus saying that he knew the Benghazi attack was an act of terror from the start, but the references to Al Qaeda were taken out of the original CIA memo. Stirewalt said that this reinforces the fact that the story has changed, and allows us to shift the focus from the changed story to the larger issue: How was this allowed to happen without any intervention?
“SUSAN RICE WAS A PAWN!” Alisyn Camerota sounded off about the unraveling Benghazi scandal. Brian and Alisyn discussed why President Obama sent out Ambassador Susan Rice to talk on behalf of the Administration, when she received talking points from an unknown FBI official in an unclassified briefing, and knew nothing about the Benghazi attacks from a first-hand account.