- Breaking News WATCH LIVE: Deadly Fire, Building Explosion in NYC’s HarlemPosted 4 hours ago
- AEHQ: A Jolly Republican Win In Florida, Sinking The Competition [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Giveaways At ChurchPosted 7 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pregnant Drinking Lowers IQ
Pregnant women have been told by doctors to avoid alcohol, but even sneaking a sip can do damage to a baby’s intelligence.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Soon-to-be moms, beware: New research shows light drinking during pregnancy could lower a baby’s IQ by as much as several points. Previous studies on alcohol consumption while pregnant have been all over the map, but Oxford researchers say even a few drinks per week shows good evidence of a lower IQ by the age of eight, and some women are genetically more vulnerable than others to the effects of alcohol on the fetus.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.