- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 8 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pregnant Drinking Lowers IQ
Pregnant women have been told by doctors to avoid alcohol, but even sneaking a sip can do damage to a baby’s intelligence.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Soon-to-be moms, beware: New research shows light drinking during pregnancy could lower a baby’s IQ by as much as several points. Previous studies on alcohol consumption while pregnant have been all over the map, but Oxford researchers say even a few drinks per week shows good evidence of a lower IQ by the age of eight, and some women are genetically more vulnerable than others to the effects of alcohol on the fetus.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.