- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 19 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Booze as Bad as Soda For Your Waistline?
Amid all the debate about sugary soft drinks and obesity, there is another type of beverage that is adding on the pounds.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control say that sugary drinks account for about 6% of an average adult’s daily calories. Beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks account for about 5%.
They say the finding is important because neither soda nor booze have much nutrition in those calories.
A 12-ounce can of soda has about 140 calories, just a little less than the same sized can of beer. A five ounce glass of wine is about 100 calories.
Steve Knight, Fox News Radio.