- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 14 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Booze as Bad as Soda For Your Waistline?
Amid all the debate about sugary soft drinks and obesity, there is another type of beverage that is adding on the pounds.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control say that sugary drinks account for about 6% of an average adult’s daily calories. Beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks account for about 5%.
They say the finding is important because neither soda nor booze have much nutrition in those calories.
A 12-ounce can of soda has about 140 calories, just a little less than the same sized can of beer. A five ounce glass of wine is about 100 calories.
Steve Knight, Fox News Radio.