- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 41 mins ago
- Damage Control In Indiana Over Religious Freedom Law [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Ranking The Most Congested Cities WorldwidePosted 1 day ago
- So Long Soda?Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Booze as Bad as Soda For Your Waistline?
Amid all the debate about sugary soft drinks and obesity, there is another type of beverage that is adding on the pounds.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control say that sugary drinks account for about 6% of an average adult’s daily calories. Beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks account for about 5%.
They say the finding is important because neither soda nor booze have much nutrition in those calories.
A 12-ounce can of soda has about 140 calories, just a little less than the same sized can of beer. A five ounce glass of wine is about 100 calories.
Steve Knight, Fox News Radio.