- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 8 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Alabama Secessionist Wants “The People Who Want Those Handouts” Out Of His State
“I don’t want to live in Russia. I don’t believe in socialism,” said Belcher, an operations manager for a Mobile trucking company. “America is supposed to be free.”
…Belcher said he is a Libertarian and that he supported Ron Paul as a candidate for president. He said President Barack Obama won re-election last week because of voters who are dependent on the federal government.
“They throw all this on the working man’s back –- they make us pay for welfare and all these other programs,” he said.
Secession, he said, would allow Alabama and other states to stop entitlement programs.
“The people who want those handouts, it’ll force them to move to a different state,” he said. “It will consolidate working people and that’s how we turn things around.”