- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 6 hours ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Dance To Feel Better
New research suggests dance may be more than just a way to get in some exercise. It could be a way to improve your mental health as well.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee Teshineh reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
For teen girls with mild mental health problems, the cure could be on the dance floor. A new study from Sweden finds girls who took dance classes twice a week felt better about themselves than those who don’t.
The benefits seem to be more than the physical exercise. The girls worked up their own dance moves, developing self-confidence. Plus, they made friends. The study found that the positive effects lasted for several months after the dance classes ended.
Housecall for Health, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.