- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Fiscal Cliff the Focus as Congress Returns [VIDEO]
The focus for those in Congress has shifted from winning votes and their seat in Washington to getting business done in Washington. As they return to Capitol Hill, a familiar partisan debate comes with them: whether to hike taxes on the rich.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Capitol Hill:
Leaders from both parties are calling on all sides to work together, but aren’t straying too far from familiar talking points.
(Sen. Reid) “It is within our power to forge an agreement that will ask the richest of the rich, the most fortunate among us, to pay a little extra.”
Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid says that must be key to solving the tax hikes and spending cuts known as the “fiscal cliff.” Republican counterpart Mitch McConnell argues raising taxes on anyone won’t work.
(Sen. McConnell) “This isn’t partisan politics, it’s economics. As the President might say, it’s math.”
Reid and McConnell, along with House leaders, are due to negotiate with President Obama Friday.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the return of Congress and the fiscal cliff: