- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 11 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 18 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Crime Spike Seen Post-Sandy
In areas hit hard by Superstorm Sandy, burglaries have shot up. According to the NYPD, crime spiked in the Rockaways and Staten Island after Sandy devastated both areas.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from New York:
New York Police Department statistics show nine burglaries were reported at the 122nd Precinct in Staten Island compared to one last year and 33 were reported in Precinct 101 in Far Rockaway compared to none the year before.
Police are patrolling Staten Island’s Midland Beach and have put a watchtower in neighboring Great Kills.
(Resident) “Before they put these lights up, it was, it was just outright scary, people coming out of the, out of nowhere.”
One local resident grateful for the watchtower.
Police say other homes that were abandoned have also been looted.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.