- President Obama Addresses Airstrikes in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Osama Bin Laden’s Son-in-Law Receives Life In PrisonPosted 4 hours ago
- Math Models Weigh In On Ebola EpidemicPosted 4 hours ago
- The U.S. And Allies Launch Attack Against ISIS in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- PA Manhunt for Alleged Trooper KillerPosted 8 hours ago
- Another Hostage Video From ISISPosted 8 hours ago
- AFMW: Bluegrass group Nu-Blu and Sam Moore, Legendary Soul ManPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Crime Spike Seen Post-Sandy
In areas hit hard by Superstorm Sandy, burglaries have shot up. According to the NYPD, crime spiked in the Rockaways and Staten Island after Sandy devastated both areas.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from New York:
New York Police Department statistics show nine burglaries were reported at the 122nd Precinct in Staten Island compared to one last year and 33 were reported in Precinct 101 in Far Rockaway compared to none the year before.
Police are patrolling Staten Island’s Midland Beach and have put a watchtower in neighboring Great Kills.
(Resident) “Before they put these lights up, it was, it was just outright scary, people coming out of the, out of nowhere.”
One local resident grateful for the watchtower.
Police say other homes that were abandoned have also been looted.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.