- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 9 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Light Bulb Changes
The common light bulb is about to become a thing of the past. Now, a bright, new product is due to hit store shelves.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue reports:
The trusty but highly inefficient 100 watt incandescent light bulb is about to vanish for good. By law, they won’t make ‘em anymore as of the new year. So, if you’re looking for an alternative to the swirly-curly compact fluorescent bulb; how about trying he new LED’s? That means Light Emitting Diodes. Osram Sylvania makes ‘em. And, Phillips will soon follow. They put out 100 watts of light while using just 20 watts worth of electricity and they only cost $50 bucks a piece. While designed to fit in regular light fixtures, they may not fit into your favorite lamp. Win some, lose some right?
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.