- Bullet Points: Buy A Car – Get A GunPosted 1 hour ago
- Hired! Jobs In The Jewelry IndustryPosted 2 hours ago
- Border Disorder: TX Gov. Perry Sending National Guard Troops To Border [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Federal Appeals Court Delivers Blow To ObamacarePosted 20 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: What Lurks In What You Eat?Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 weeks ago
Light Bulb Changes
The common light bulb is about to become a thing of the past. Now, a bright, new product is due to hit store shelves.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue reports:
The trusty but highly inefficient 100 watt incandescent light bulb is about to vanish for good. By law, they won’t make ‘em anymore as of the new year. So, if you’re looking for an alternative to the swirly-curly compact fluorescent bulb; how about trying he new LED’s? That means Light Emitting Diodes. Osram Sylvania makes ‘em. And, Phillips will soon follow. They put out 100 watts of light while using just 20 watts worth of electricity and they only cost $50 bucks a piece. While designed to fit in regular light fixtures, they may not fit into your favorite lamp. Win some, lose some right?
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.