- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Pepsi Introduces “Fat-Blocking” Cola In Japan
It’s the latest effort to keep cola drinkers slim.
Made with an indigestible form of dextrin or dietary fiber, Pepsi Special is supposed to reduce the absorption of fat in the body from food intake and help lower cholesterol levels.
The latest product innovation out of Pepsi is modeled after the runaway hit of drink manufacturer Kirin Holdings, which launched what it marketed as the world’s first healthy cola drink this past spring. Kirin Mets Cola is also made with dextrin.