- President Obama Addresses Airstrikes in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Osama Bin Laden’s Son-in-Law Receives Life In PrisonPosted 10 hours ago
- Math Models Weigh In On Ebola EpidemicPosted 11 hours ago
- The U.S. And Allies Launch Attack Against ISIS in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- PA Manhunt for Alleged Trooper KillerPosted 14 hours ago
- Another Hostage Video From ISISPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Bluegrass group Nu-Blu and Sam Moore, Legendary Soul ManPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Doctors Have Obese Bias
Do doctors have something against people based on their weight? A new study claims that those who treat obese people have just as much bias against them as a regular person.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study says many doctors have a bias against overweight patients. Researchers at the University of Washington used a computer test designed to measure bias, and found most physicians don’t even realize they have negative attitudes about weight.
However, data shows doctors who are obese themselves are generally more sympathetic to overweight patients. Obesity bias could affect nearly 2/3 of Americans who are overweight.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.