- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 2 hours ago
- Joining The Pack: Arkansas Passes Religious Freedom Bill Similar To Indiana’s [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 8 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Housecall for Health: Doctors Have Obese Bias
Do doctors have something against people based on their weight? A new study claims that those who treat obese people have just as much bias against them as a regular person.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study says many doctors have a bias against overweight patients. Researchers at the University of Washington used a computer test designed to measure bias, and found most physicians don’t even realize they have negative attitudes about weight.
However, data shows doctors who are obese themselves are generally more sympathetic to overweight patients. Obesity bias could affect nearly 2/3 of Americans who are overweight.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.