- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 8 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 8 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 14 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Housecall for Health: Dealing With Sandy Stress
Hurricane Sandy has already uprooted countless lives, but her long-term effects may go well beyond some destroyed homes.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Trauma experts fear the psychological distress from Hurricane Sandy is growing. Daily routines have been turned upside down, and thousands are scrambling to find housing.
Psychologists at Columbia University say the leading impact of natural disasters is post-traumatic stress syndrome – causing flashbacks, depression and anxiety, and can even weaken the immune system. They say, with time, regaining a sense of control is key to overcoming the condition.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.