- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 15 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Study: Cholesterol Drugs Help Fight Cancer
According to a study published in the latest edition of the New England Journal of Medicine, drugs that many Americans are already taking to improve heart health could be a key in keeping patients with another deadly disease alive.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains:
Statins – cholesterol-lowering prescription drugs – may lower the death rate of more than a dozen types of cancer. Danish researchers made the discovery studying more than 19,000 cancer patients, but Cleveland Clinic Dr. Leslie Cho says more research is needed.
(Dr. Cho) “It may actually kill some of the cancer cells, but really no one really knows why it reduces cancer for all sorts of different types of cancer, not just one type of cancer.”
Statins are already known to have life-saving benefits.
(Dr. Cho) “Less heart attack, less stroke – especially if you have pre-existing disease.”
Which are the leading causes of death among Americans.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.