- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 5 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 9 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Study: Cholesterol Drugs Help Fight Cancer
According to a study published in the latest edition of the New England Journal of Medicine, drugs that many Americans are already taking to improve heart health could be a key in keeping patients with another deadly disease alive.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains:
Statins – cholesterol-lowering prescription drugs – may lower the death rate of more than a dozen types of cancer. Danish researchers made the discovery studying more than 19,000 cancer patients, but Cleveland Clinic Dr. Leslie Cho says more research is needed.
(Dr. Cho) “It may actually kill some of the cancer cells, but really no one really knows why it reduces cancer for all sorts of different types of cancer, not just one type of cancer.”
Statins are already known to have life-saving benefits.
(Dr. Cho) “Less heart attack, less stroke – especially if you have pre-existing disease.”
Which are the leading causes of death among Americans.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.