- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 12 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 17 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
IN GOP Senate Candidate Under Fire For Rape Comments
A second candidate for the Senate is having to defend himself over comments about rape and pregnancy.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
In the final moments of his debate against a Democratic challenger, Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock was asked if abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest:
(Mourdock) “I struggled with it myself for a long time…”
He said that life is a gift from God:
(Mourdock) “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”
He later clarified that he doesn’t think that God would preordain rape, but only God can create life. Voter reaction will be revealed in the election results. The Romney campaign quickly said that Governor Romney disagrees with Mourdock.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.