- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 8 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 10 hours ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
AEHQ: Leave Big Bird Out Of It, Says Sesame Workshop [VIDEO]
The people behind Big Bird ask to that he be kept out of the presidential campaign.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Foster reports in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters.
The producers of ‘Sesame Street’ ask the Obama campaign to kill an ad featuring one of its characters.
(Campaign Ad) “Big. Yellow. A menace to our economy.”
…making fun of Mitt Romney saying in last week’s debate, even though he likes Big Bird, he’d stop federal subsidies to PBS. The people at Sesame Workshop say they’re nonpartisan, nonprofit, and don’t participate in political campaigns.
Romney, campaigning in Van Meter, Iowa.
(Romney) “These are tough times, with real serious issues. So you have to scratch your head when the President spends the last week talking about saving Big Bird.”
An Obama campaign spokeswoman says the point is: It’s hard to take Mitt Romney’s plans to cut the deficit seriously, if it starts with Big Bird.
Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt tells FOX News Radio that they’re reviewing the request to take the ad down, adding:
“I think it’s galvanized some people who don’t typically tune in to the political process and allowed us to communicate our point about the fact that Romney is refusing to specify how he will pay for those tax cuts with an audience that might tune in to shows that aren’t necessarily political. You know that advertisement we have up right now is targeting comedy shows and late night. I think it’s got many Americans to tune into the campaign that haven’t already.”
WATCH the campaign ad featuring Big Bird, from the Obama campaign’s official YouTube channel: