- Breaking News WATCH LIVE: Fire, Building Explosion in NYC’s HarlemPosted 51 mins ago
- AEHQ: A Jolly Republican Win In Florida, Sinking The Competition [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Giveaways At ChurchPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Meningitis Outbreak Continues To Grow
UPDATE: The Massachusetts pharmacy linked to the deadly meningitis outbreak has issued a voluntary recall for all of their products. Ninety-one cases have now been reported in nine states, with seven people dead.
Health officials are trying desperately to track down anybody who may have received a tainted injection that is linked to the deadly strain of meningitis.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
It’s a fungal meningitis, linked to injectable methylprednisolone used to treat pain. Sharon Wingate of Roanoke, Virginia lost her husband to it:
(Wingate) “To have a shot, six days later, you’re fighting for your life, and you lose your life.”
Doctors say it’s survivable if treated, and that people shouldn’t wait to be seen. It is not contagious between people. You can only get it from the compromised injection.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.