- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 2 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 21 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 day ago
Meningitis Outbreak Continues To Grow
UPDATE: The Massachusetts pharmacy linked to the deadly meningitis outbreak has issued a voluntary recall for all of their products. Ninety-one cases have now been reported in nine states, with seven people dead.
Health officials are trying desperately to track down anybody who may have received a tainted injection that is linked to the deadly strain of meningitis.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
It’s a fungal meningitis, linked to injectable methylprednisolone used to treat pain. Sharon Wingate of Roanoke, Virginia lost her husband to it:
(Wingate) “To have a shot, six days later, you’re fighting for your life, and you lose your life.”
Doctors say it’s survivable if treated, and that people shouldn’t wait to be seen. It is not contagious between people. You can only get it from the compromised injection.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.