- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 7 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 7 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Meningitis Outbreak Continues To Grow
UPDATE: The Massachusetts pharmacy linked to the deadly meningitis outbreak has issued a voluntary recall for all of their products. Ninety-one cases have now been reported in nine states, with seven people dead.
Health officials are trying desperately to track down anybody who may have received a tainted injection that is linked to the deadly strain of meningitis.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
It’s a fungal meningitis, linked to injectable methylprednisolone used to treat pain. Sharon Wingate of Roanoke, Virginia lost her husband to it:
(Wingate) “To have a shot, six days later, you’re fighting for your life, and you lose your life.”
Doctors say it’s survivable if treated, and that people shouldn’t wait to be seen. It is not contagious between people. You can only get it from the compromised injection.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.