- Deer Tick DangersPosted 13 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Securing America: Leaders Gather at United Nations
Leaders from more than 130 countries will be meeting in New York City this week for the United Nations General Assembly. They won’t be the only ones interested in these meetings, however, and security personnel are working overtime.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports from New York in our ongoing series on national security:
Protesters will also be here in New York City, demonstrating for causes around the world. The NYPD says they expect a pro-Israel rally to attract some 10,000 supporters, but this Iranian is here to protest Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who will address the U.N. Assembly on Wednesday.
(Protester) “He knows nothing but killing and murdering people, interfering with the other nations, and trying to jeopardize the peace and the stability.”
Fifty demonstrations have been permitted, and the NYPD playing a key role, along with the U.S. Secret Service, in securing dignitaries, protesters and people who live and work here.
In New York, Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.