- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 3 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Players Call For NFL to Reach Deal With Refs
The NFL players’ union has asked the league to get regular referees back on the field, and the voices are getting louder after a series of blown calls and dangerous plays involving replacement officials in Week 3.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has just some of what went wrong:
No flag here…
(Play-by-Play) “Heyward-Bey…a collision…Ryan Mundy just laid him out.”
With a helmet-to-helmet hit on CBS that knocked Oakland’s Darrius Heyward-Bey out cold.
But there was one late in Washington.
(Shanahan) “They threw the flag on us, and there was half of their football team, you know, on the field.”
If that’s not bad enough for Redskins’ coach Mike Shanahan, refs counted off 20 yards instead of the proper 15, helping derail a potentially game-tying drive. New England Patriots’ coach Bill Belichick…
(Play-by-Play) “Oh boy…well, that’s a few bucks.”
Grabbed an official running off the field after a game-winning field goal barely snuck inside the upright in the Pats-Ravens game on NBC.
(Belichick) “Go talk to the officials about the way they called the game. Talk to the league about the way they called it, I don’t know.”
The league is reviewing that incident.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.