- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 10 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 10 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 13 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 13 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 13 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 17 hours ago
Looking Ahead To 2016: Andrew Cuomo Or Hillary Clinton?
New York’s governor would like to run for president, but doesn’t want to have to compete with a very popular potential candidate.
Among those yearning for a Cuomo presidential campaign in 2016, a divide has emerged: some suggest that if Mrs. Clinton ran, the governor’s loyalty to Mr. Clinton would prevent him from joining the field.
But others reject the notion that Mrs. Clinton poses a serious obstacle to Mr. Cuomo, saying she is enjoying a political honeymoon right now but still has many of the weaknesses that plagued her in the past, including a polarizing image.
By contrast, they say, Mr. Cuomo is a fresh face whom Democratic officials, donors and activists will naturally want to court — provided that he wins re-election in 2014, when Mrs. Clinton will most likely be out of a job in politics.