- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Death of an Ambassador: Part 5
U.S. Deputy Secretary of State William Burns flew to Libya Thursday for meetings about the attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave closed-door briefings to Congress about last week’s attack. But there is likely to be little public information from these classified briefings.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy, who reported extensively from Libya during the uprising has Part Five of our series, “Death of an Ambassador”:
The nation’s top counter-terrorism official, Matthew Olsen, publicly acknowledged that individuals in Libya could be connected to al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.
(Olsen) “Yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our Embassy.”
Identifying a leading suspect or mastermind behind the attack is still premature, according to a U.S. intelligence official, speaking to FOX News. The FBI, as of Thursday morning, had still not made it to the crime scene.
Questions as to why the militants were able to breach the U.S. consulate in Benghazi remain unanswered, as do the details of Stevens’ security team. Secretary of State Clinton must now provide a bipartisan panel and report back to Congress in 60 days, but that deadline reaches beyond Election Day, in mid-November.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
Follow Courtney on Twitter: @CourtneyKealy