- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 15 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
U.S. Obesity Forecast
A group of private researchers are out with an obesity forecast for America that’s even scarier than the government’s estimates.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
The majority of people in more than two-thirds of U.S. states will be not just overweight, but obese by 2030. That’s the prediction from Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Cleveland Clinic surgeon Stacy Brethauer puts the blame on the spread of the underlying causes of obesity.
(Dr. Brethauer) “Inactivity, poor food choices, easy accessibility to high-calorie food.”
The groups predict Mississippi will hold the title as the fattest state with an obesity rate of 67%. Even the thinnest state, Colorado, is expected to jump from about 20% to 45% obese.
The government forecasts a national obesity rate of 42% in 2030.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.