- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 18 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 2 days ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
U.S. Obesity Forecast
A group of private researchers are out with an obesity forecast for America that’s even scarier than the government’s estimates.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
The majority of people in more than two-thirds of U.S. states will be not just overweight, but obese by 2030. That’s the prediction from Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Cleveland Clinic surgeon Stacy Brethauer puts the blame on the spread of the underlying causes of obesity.
(Dr. Brethauer) “Inactivity, poor food choices, easy accessibility to high-calorie food.”
The groups predict Mississippi will hold the title as the fattest state with an obesity rate of 67%. Even the thinnest state, Colorado, is expected to jump from about 20% to 45% obese.
The government forecasts a national obesity rate of 42% in 2030.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.