- Housecall for Health: Sugar HighPosted 4 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 1 day ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pain Cream Burn Risk
That post-workout routine to relax your achy muscles with a little cream might be better served with a nice, warm bath after the FDA releases an alarming report.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new report from the FDA says using over-the-counter muscle and joint pain relievers can result in chemical burns. Products containing a high concentration of menthol, methyl salicylate or capsaicin – like Bengay and Icy Hot – cause hospitalizations, and even third-degree burns.
Although burn cases are rare, 43 have been reported, and the Administration advises consumers to use them with caution.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.