- AFMW: Nik Wallenda “The King Of The Highwire”Posted 20 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 21 mins ago
- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pain Cream Burn Risk
That post-workout routine to relax your achy muscles with a little cream might be better served with a nice, warm bath after the FDA releases an alarming report.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new report from the FDA says using over-the-counter muscle and joint pain relievers can result in chemical burns. Products containing a high concentration of menthol, methyl salicylate or capsaicin – like Bengay and Icy Hot – cause hospitalizations, and even third-degree burns.
Although burn cases are rare, 43 have been reported, and the Administration advises consumers to use them with caution.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.