- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 3 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 1 day ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Pain Cream Burn Risk
That post-workout routine to relax your achy muscles with a little cream might be better served with a nice, warm bath after the FDA releases an alarming report.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new report from the FDA says using over-the-counter muscle and joint pain relievers can result in chemical burns. Products containing a high concentration of menthol, methyl salicylate or capsaicin – like Bengay and Icy Hot – cause hospitalizations, and even third-degree burns.
Although burn cases are rare, 43 have been reported, and the Administration advises consumers to use them with caution.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.