- Deer Tick DangersPosted 14 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Housecall for Health: Pain Cream Burn Risk
That post-workout routine to relax your achy muscles with a little cream might be better served with a nice, warm bath after the FDA releases an alarming report.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new report from the FDA says using over-the-counter muscle and joint pain relievers can result in chemical burns. Products containing a high concentration of menthol, methyl salicylate or capsaicin – like Bengay and Icy Hot – cause hospitalizations, and even third-degree burns.
Although burn cases are rare, 43 have been reported, and the Administration advises consumers to use them with caution.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.