- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Chicago Mayor Asks Courts to End Teachers Strike
Chicago public school students are in their second week without school as the city’s teachers continue their strike, which Mayor Rahm Emanuel is asking the court system to force an end to.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Chicago:
Teachers here in Chicago say they’re uncomfortable with a tentative contract offer from school leaders, and union President Karen Lewis says she is not going to “sell” it.
(Lewis) “Our people know how to read, they know how to do math and they understand these things. So they need the opportunity to have the time to do that, and I’d like to give it to them.”
School board President David Vitale says they’re determined to get kids and teachers back into the classrooms.
(Vitale) “This clearly is something that we believe has merit, and we’ll go to court today to try to get an injunction and get them back in school.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the strike is illegal because the contract issues are not grounds for a work stoppage, and it endangers the health and safety of students.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.