- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 7 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 9 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Keselowski Wins Chase Opener
The Chase is on, and it’s the guy in the #2 car that’s in the #1 spot.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has this NASCAR recap:
Brad Keselowski jumped ahead of Jimmie Johnson after the last pit stop, winning the Geico 400 at Chicagoland on ESPN and leapfrogging Johnson in the Chase.
(Keselowski) “It feels like Round 1 of a heavyweight title bout, you know. It’s good to win it, it feels great…but there’s a lot of rounds left. And it’s just a good start, but a long ways to go.”
Johnson’s also keeping his eye on the long-haul nature of the playoffs.
(Johnson) “Great way to start the Chase for us, you know. It’s 10 long races and a lot can happen, so to come out of here 2nd is a great day.”
All of the Chase drivers finished in the top 18 on Sunday, except for Jeff Gordon, who ran into the wall with 80 laps left.
Keselowski holds a three-point lead on Johnson in the standings. Denny Hamlin falls to third, where he’s tied with Tony Stewart, eight points back. The rest of the Chase is within 26 points, except for Gordon. His 35th-place finish leaves him 47 points off the pace.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.