- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 8 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
NYC Approves Sugary Drink Ban
A ban on selling large-sized sweetened drinks has gotten final approval in New York City.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports from New York City:
He already took on trans fats, now New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg winning approval from the Board of Health on limiting cups and bottles of sugary beverages to 16oz. To critics who call it government intrusion…
(Bloomberg) “We’re talking about adults and kids who are dying.”
The Mayor says hospitals see evidence of the obesity epidemic first-hand.
(Bloomberg) “We have diabetes that we used to find in 19-year-olds showing up in six-year-olds. We have 19-year-olds getting diabetes type that used to be in 60-year-olds.”
The limit affects fast food and other restaurants and theaters. You can still get your big gulp at convenience stores and supermarkets.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.