- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
NYC Approves Sugary Drink Ban
A ban on selling large-sized sweetened drinks has gotten final approval in New York City.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports from New York City:
He already took on trans fats, now New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg winning approval from the Board of Health on limiting cups and bottles of sugary beverages to 16oz. To critics who call it government intrusion…
(Bloomberg) “We’re talking about adults and kids who are dying.”
The Mayor says hospitals see evidence of the obesity epidemic first-hand.
(Bloomberg) “We have diabetes that we used to find in 19-year-olds showing up in six-year-olds. We have 19-year-olds getting diabetes type that used to be in 60-year-olds.”
The limit affects fast food and other restaurants and theaters. You can still get your big gulp at convenience stores and supermarkets.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.