- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 5 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 5 hours ago
- Yes or No? Scotland Votes On Independence Referendum [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Newcomer Chase BryantPosted 7 hours ago
- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 22 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
NYC Approves Sugary Drink Ban
A ban on selling large-sized sweetened drinks has gotten final approval in New York City.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports from New York City:
He already took on trans fats, now New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg winning approval from the Board of Health on limiting cups and bottles of sugary beverages to 16oz. To critics who call it government intrusion…
(Bloomberg) “We’re talking about adults and kids who are dying.”
The Mayor says hospitals see evidence of the obesity epidemic first-hand.
(Bloomberg) “We have diabetes that we used to find in 19-year-olds showing up in six-year-olds. We have 19-year-olds getting diabetes type that used to be in 60-year-olds.”
The limit affects fast food and other restaurants and theaters. You can still get your big gulp at convenience stores and supermarkets.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.