- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 14 mins ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 19 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 24 hours ago
FOX on Tech: Sensor Could End Need for Passwords
What if you never had to remember – or type – your password to access your bank accounts, email or social media? That day may be on its way thanks to some “INTELligent” technology.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains:
FOX on Tech.
It turns out that the pattern of veins in your palm is as unique as your fingerprint, and Intel…
(Intel Commercial Theme)
…They’re taking advantage of that, developing a sensor for tablets that recognizes that pattern when you wave your hand across it. The tablet would then log you in to various secure websites.
The idea is that computers would be responsible for identifying users, not individual websites. The tablets with the sensor would have additional hardware that senses when you put the device down, automatically logging you off.
The technology is still under development, but Intel’s chief tech officer says the palm sensor works better than existing fingerprint readers.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.