- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 20 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 21 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
FOX on Tech: Apple Unveils More Than iPhone 5 [VIDEO]
The anticipation was high for Apple’s product launch event on Wednesday, and the unveiling didn’t stop at just a new iPhone.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Fox on Tech.
As expected, there’s the iPhone 5.
(Schiller) “The hardware and software engineering that has gone into this product is the most challenging our team has ever taken on.”
Apple’s Marketing VP Philip Schiller, unveiling the new phone that is somehow bigger and smaller all at the same time.
(Schiller) “It’s just 7.6mm thin. That’s 18% thinner than the iPhone 4S, and best of all, it’s the world’s thinnest smartphone.”
And it’s lighter than its predecessor, but has a larger screen that can fit an additional row of icons. The camera on the back stays the same, but the front-facing camera is now HD. The phone also has a longer battery life than the 4S.
The new model will be shipped with two other noticeable changes: Apple is changing the connector they’ve used in iPods, iPads and iPhones for nearly a decade, switching to a smaller, narrower one. Adaptors will be available to convert your current cord or dock. Also, the iPhone 5 launch coincides with the debut of iOS 6. Older phones will be able to upgrade to this new operating system next week.
(Apple Commercial – Siri) “From now on, I’ll call you ‘Rock God,’ okay?”
Siri is growing. A new iPod Touch will be the first iPod with the voice-command assistant, and she’s expanding to the iPad with the new operating system update, as well. You can also expect to see a new generation of iPod Nanos on the shelves. These new iPods also have the updated connection port.
Coming in October, Mac and PC users will be able to download what’s being billed as a simpler, cleaner version of iTunes.
Also getting an overhaul: Apple’s earbuds. They’re now called “earpods,” and are three years in the making. They’ll be available as a stand-alone accessory, but included with the new devices.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more about the iPhone 5 unveiling HERE: