- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 49 mins ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 11 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 19 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 19 hours ago
What is Making Southern CA Stink?
A rotten smell has drifted across southern California, and air quality experts think they’ve found the source.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports from Los Angeles:
People have been complaining for days now, as a strong rotten egg-type smell drifts across southern California. Officials think it may be coming from east of L.A., at the Salton Sea. The smell has drifted as far as 150 miles away.
The Salton Sea is shrinking – its salt content is much higher than that of the ocean. Scientists say there may have been a recent fish die-off making the smell pungent. Also, cloud cover is keeping it trapped, and winds have carried the smell west.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.