- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 23 mins ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 9 hours ago
- Chase Elliott To Make His Sprint Cup Racing Debut At MartinsvillePosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Japan’s Nuclear Power Struggle
Polls in Japan show a majority of people want the country to pull the plug on nuclear power. Now, the power companies are fighting back, saying scrapping nuclear power would send electricity prices through the roof.
FOX News Radio’s Alastair Wanklyn reports from Tokyo:
(Protesters Chanting)… Thousands of anti-nuclear protesters now taking to the streets every week here in Tokyo. A poll shows almost two-thirds of people want nuclear power scrapped within ten years. Some arguing Japan’s world-leading high-tech sector is capable of developing new sources of energy.
But the Tokyo Electric Power Company, responsible for the Fukushima disaster, this week said it is so short of cash; thanks to nuclear cleanup, it’ll have to restart some reactors soon. And there’s no chance of it investing in alternative energy.
In Tokyo, Alastair Wanklyn, FOX News Radio.