- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
August Jobs Report Disappoints
A drop in the unemployment rate, despite a slowdown in new hiring, that’s what the latest jobs report shows.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern details the August jobs report from Washington:
Employers added just 96,000 jobs last month, a figure far below expectations and below the level needed to signal an economic turn-around.
Still the unemployment rate fell to 8.1%. That’s attributed to the number of job seekers giving up their job search. The government only counts people unemployed if they’re actively searching for work.
Also, 41,000 fewer jobs were created in June and July than first estimated. It means the economy is averaging just 139,000 jobs per month this year. That’s less than 2011.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.