- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 3 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Artist Lizzie SiderPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
West Nile Virus Grows Increasingly Deadly
The worst outbreak of West Nile Virus in years keeps getting deadlier by the week.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
Another 21 people have died of West Nile Virus this week, mostly in Texas.
(Dr. Lakey) “Officially, as of this week, this the worst year ever for West Nile in the state of Texas.”
That’s Dr. David Lakey, the Texas Health Commissioner. There are now close to 2,000 reported cases this year. And much of the problem seems to be centered in the Austin area and surrounding Travis County, where nearly a quarter of mosquitoes sampled are carrying the virus. Though officials say they’re seeing a great reduction when they spray insecticide on consecutive days.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.