- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 10 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 16 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
NY Strip Club Argues Lap Dances are “Art” in Court
What exactly is art? One New York strip club says it holds the answer within its doors, and it’s going to court to prove it.
FOX News Radio’s Kirstin McNary reports:
(R. Kelly – “Bump N’ Grind”)
Nite Moves, a strip club in upstate New York, is fighting over a bill for lap dances. State tax officials say the club owes $124,000 in taxes on revenue from the sexy solo dances and admissions, but Nite Moves claims they should be exempt – just like ballet and theater – as “live dramatic or musical arts performances.”
An appeals court disagreed with the club. It’s in the hands of New York state’s highest court now. A decision could come in about a month.
In New York, Kirstin McNary, FOX News Radio.