- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Organic Food: Better For Your Health?
Buying organic may have its perks, but according to a recent study, better nutrition isn’t one of them.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Organic food is no better, in terms of vitamin and nutrient content, than conventional food. An extensive examination of four decades of research finds that fruits and vegetables labeled organic were no more nutritious than their counterparts, which tend to be less expensive. And they were no less likely to be contaminated with E. coli and the like.
Conventional fruits and vegetables do have more pesticide residue, but within allowed safety limits. There are other reasons to choose organic foods, such as animal welfare and matters of taste. But not because of nutrition or food safety.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.