- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 37 mins ago
- Chesney’s ‘Big Revival Tour’ Gets BiggerPosted 2 hours ago
- Senator Mary Landrieu’s Keystone CollapsePosted 24 hours ago
- How Much Does Thanksgiving Cost?Posted 24 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Lawyer Sues Holder & ATF Over Homemade Machine GunPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Most Americans Say The Rich Should Pay More Taxes
Submitted by William
A new Pew poll shows that 58% of Americans think the rich should pay more.
Even among those who describe themselves as “upper class” or “upper middle class,” more than half — or 52 percent — said upper-income Americans don’t pay enough in taxes; only 10 percent said they paid too much. This upper tier was more likely to say they are more financially secure now than 10 years ago — 62 percent, compared to 44 percent for those who identified themselves as middle class and 29 percent for the lower class. They are less likely to report problems in paying rent or mortgage, losing a job, paying for medical care or other bills and cutting back on household expenses.