- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 3 hours ago
- A Battle Of The Brews In Washington?Posted 4 hours ago
- Graceland Brings ‘The King’ Back To VegasPosted 5 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Study: Pot Use Makes Teens Dumber
A new study on marijuana use suggests that the earlier you start smoking it, the worse it can be for your brain.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
Teenagers who routinely smoke pot could end up with a long-term drop in their IQ. This based on participants in New Zealand, and how their IQ scores changed between ages 13 and 38. The implication – that marijuana is especially harmful to a developing brain – echoes earlier research, and it’s a trend not found by researchers when frequent use started after age 18.
In the U.S., marijuana was more popular than cigarettes among teens in the latest government report – 23% of high school students, saying they’d recently smoked it.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.