- Incomes Rise, Consumer Spending Ticks Slightly Higher In FebruaryPosted 13 hours ago
- Prehistoric ‘Super Salamander’ DiscoveredPosted 18 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Study: Pot Use Makes Teens Dumber
A new study on marijuana use suggests that the earlier you start smoking it, the worse it can be for your brain.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
Teenagers who routinely smoke pot could end up with a long-term drop in their IQ. This based on participants in New Zealand, and how their IQ scores changed between ages 13 and 38. The implication – that marijuana is especially harmful to a developing brain – echoes earlier research, and it’s a trend not found by researchers when frequent use started after age 18.
In the U.S., marijuana was more popular than cigarettes among teens in the latest government report – 23% of high school students, saying they’d recently smoked it.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.