- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 14 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 16 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 17 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Isaac Keeps Trump From RNC Role, Proving Pat Robertson Right–God Speaks Via Weather
For all doubters, it appears God has spoken.
As recently as Saturday afternoon, Trump was scheduled to collect the Sarasota Republican Party’s Statesman of the Year award and then swoop down to Tampa for a day of wall-to-wall media interviews, meetings with top donors to Mitt Romney’s campaign and then, apparently per the presidential candidate’s request, a “surprise” publicity stunt on the convention floor. But these plans went by the wayside after convention officials canceled Monday’s events because of Tropical Storm Isaac, which is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane.
The cancellation of appearances by the Statesman of the Year came as a relief to some Republicans in the convention center on Sunday afternoon, especially given Romney’s joke that “no one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate” at a campaign stop last week in Michigan…
“It’s a blessing,” Pete Mackin, an alternate delegate from that state, said of Trump’s absence.