- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 11 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Isaac Keeps Trump From RNC Role, Proving Pat Robertson Right–God Speaks Via Weather
For all doubters, it appears God has spoken.
As recently as Saturday afternoon, Trump was scheduled to collect the Sarasota Republican Party’s Statesman of the Year award and then swoop down to Tampa for a day of wall-to-wall media interviews, meetings with top donors to Mitt Romney’s campaign and then, apparently per the presidential candidate’s request, a “surprise” publicity stunt on the convention floor. But these plans went by the wayside after convention officials canceled Monday’s events because of Tropical Storm Isaac, which is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane.
The cancellation of appearances by the Statesman of the Year came as a relief to some Republicans in the convention center on Sunday afternoon, especially given Romney’s joke that “no one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate” at a campaign stop last week in Michigan…
“It’s a blessing,” Pete Mackin, an alternate delegate from that state, said of Trump’s absence.