- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 3 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Inside the Mindset of College Freshmen
What’s on the minds of this year’s incoming college freshmen? How do they view the world?
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
If you lived in a world where Kurt Cobain, Jackie Kennedy and Richard Nixon were never alive, you might be an incoming college freshman. So says the latest Beloit College Mindset List.
It’s an effort summarize what the Class of 2016 knows, and what they don’t, placed inside a larger cultural context.
Some examples: People don’t carry luggage, they roll it.
Robert De Niro isn’t the young Godfather, he’s Ben Stiller’s father-in-law in “Meet the Parents”.
“The Twilight Zone” is about vampires, not Rod Serling.
And JR Ewing has been replaced as the most shot-at man on American TV by Monty Burns, Homer’s boss on “The Simpsons.”
Bill Vitka, Fox News Radio.