- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 13 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
CA Slaughterhouse Shut After Video of Cows Being Shot
Fast food chain In-N-Out Burger is severing ties with a central California slaughterhouse now under investigation by the USDA after Compassion Over Killing released a video showing animal cruelty and sick animals being pushed into the food supply.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
An undercover animal rights activist captured video of cattle thrashing and bleeding after a pneumatic gun failed to work. Those guns are meant to make cattle unconscious before slaughter. One worker at the Central Valley Meat Company is seen apparently trying to suffocate a cow the gun had not worked on.
Other video shows workers trying to force apparently weak or sick cows – that are unable to stand – up for slaughter. So now, not only is the plant shut down, but the USDA is investigating to see if any sick cows made it into the food supply.
The investigation also focuses on what two USDA inspectors who were stationed at that plant knew.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.