- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 4 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 4 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 6 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 7 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 7 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 11 hours ago
CA Slaughterhouse Shut After Video of Cows Being Shot
Fast food chain In-N-Out Burger is severing ties with a central California slaughterhouse now under investigation by the USDA after Compassion Over Killing released a video showing animal cruelty and sick animals being pushed into the food supply.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
An undercover animal rights activist captured video of cattle thrashing and bleeding after a pneumatic gun failed to work. Those guns are meant to make cattle unconscious before slaughter. One worker at the Central Valley Meat Company is seen apparently trying to suffocate a cow the gun had not worked on.
Other video shows workers trying to force apparently weak or sick cows – that are unable to stand – up for slaughter. So now, not only is the plant shut down, but the USDA is investigating to see if any sick cows made it into the food supply.
The investigation also focuses on what two USDA inspectors who were stationed at that plant knew.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.