- Incomes Rise, Consumer Spending Ticks Slightly Higher In FebruaryPosted 12 hours ago
- Prehistoric ‘Super Salamander’ DiscoveredPosted 17 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
CA Slaughterhouse Shut After Video of Cows Being Shot
Fast food chain In-N-Out Burger is severing ties with a central California slaughterhouse now under investigation by the USDA after Compassion Over Killing released a video showing animal cruelty and sick animals being pushed into the food supply.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
An undercover animal rights activist captured video of cattle thrashing and bleeding after a pneumatic gun failed to work. Those guns are meant to make cattle unconscious before slaughter. One worker at the Central Valley Meat Company is seen apparently trying to suffocate a cow the gun had not worked on.
Other video shows workers trying to force apparently weak or sick cows – that are unable to stand – up for slaughter. So now, not only is the plant shut down, but the USDA is investigating to see if any sick cows made it into the food supply.
The investigation also focuses on what two USDA inspectors who were stationed at that plant knew.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.