- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 13 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 15 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Akin’s Apology Ad For ‘Legitimate Rape’ Remark [VIDEO]
UPDATE: Rep. Todd Akin announced on The Mike Huckabee Radio Show that he is staying in the Senate race.
Missouri Congressman Todd Akin says he was wrong talking about rape and a woman’s body. And now he’s trying to keep his Senate campaign alive as an important deadline looms.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
Todd Akin has recorded a new ad, apologizing for saying that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancy in cases of ‘legitimate rape’.
(Akin) “The mistake I made was in the words I said, not in the heart I hold. I ask for your forgiveness.”
Despite that and several other apologies, Akin’s under intense pressure from fellow Republicans to drop out of the race against Democratic incumbent Senator Claire McCaskill.
He can get off Missouri’s November ballot if he withdraws by 5 o’clock tonight. Otherwise, it will take a court order.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on this story.