- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 7 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Akin’s Apology Ad For ‘Legitimate Rape’ Remark [VIDEO]
UPDATE: Rep. Todd Akin announced on The Mike Huckabee Radio Show that he is staying in the Senate race.
Missouri Congressman Todd Akin says he was wrong talking about rape and a woman’s body. And now he’s trying to keep his Senate campaign alive as an important deadline looms.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
Todd Akin has recorded a new ad, apologizing for saying that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancy in cases of ‘legitimate rape’.
(Akin) “The mistake I made was in the words I said, not in the heart I hold. I ask for your forgiveness.”
Despite that and several other apologies, Akin’s under intense pressure from fellow Republicans to drop out of the race against Democratic incumbent Senator Claire McCaskill.
He can get off Missouri’s November ballot if he withdraws by 5 o’clock tonight. Otherwise, it will take a court order.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on this story.