- Supreme Court Weighs Arguments Over Affordable Care Act Subsidies [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: ATF Takes Aim at AR-15 AmmoPosted 21 hours ago
- DHS Gets A Budget, Immigration Policy Standoff EndsPosted 22 hours ago
- Former General David Petraeus Pleads Guilty [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Mom Fights For Heart Transplant for Autistic Son [VIDEO]
A Pennsylvania woman has started an online petition in a bid to convince a hospital to reconsider giving her autistic son a heart transplant.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
Doctors at the University of Pennsylvania didn’t recommend 23-year-old Paul Corby for a heart transplant, citing psychiatric issues and the complexity of the process.
Autistic patients have had transplants before, but medical ethicist Art Caplan says:
(Caplan) “In each particular case you’re trying to do an assessment of if this guy takes drugs is it going to exacerbate his symptoms, does he become uncontrollable, that sort of thing.”
Paul’s mother isn’t taking no for an answer and she hopes to convince the hospital to reconsider.
Over the last two years, 38% of patients evaluated for heart transplants at the hospital have been rejected. Most because of medical conditions that would affect their survival or quality of life.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: