- President Obama Speaks On Death Of U.S. Journalist James FoleyPosted 11 hours ago
- U.S. Intelligence Confirms Video of American Journalist Beheading Is Authentic. Parents Of Slain James Foley Release Statements.Posted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: T-Shirt Gets Veteran Thrown from Amusement ParkPosted 17 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Saving Medicare: Should The “55 and Older” Crowd Be Protected? (CHART)
Medicare has been the hot topic ever since Paul Ryan was named Mitt Romney’s running mate. Since last Saturday, the Left has accused both of Paul Ryan’s Medicare reform ideas of being extreme and devastating to the popular program. But is the real problem with the Ryan plan and all the Medicare plans on the table that they’re not extreme enough! Paul’s plan for example will spare the 55 and older crowd from any reforms despite them being the generation that will be the biggest burden to the program!
77 Million Baby Boomers to Enter Medicare — Medicare must be strengthened or cut to handle the increased demand of 77 million “Baby Boomers” (people born between 1946 and 1964) who began entering the program last year …
So as the nation discusses Medicare, we ask:
- Why are the elderly such a protected class during this whole debate? Is time to implement “Means Testing” ASAP?
- Why are the baby boomers being left off the hook and being spared the pain of ‘entitlement’ cuts?
- Are Generation X, the Millennials and other younger generations getting screwed by their parents and grandparents? (… and not just on Medicare, but also Social Security, Student loans, housing, etc)
- Finally, is there a way to fix Medicare NOW.. that saves money NOW.. BUT doesn’t disproportionally ‘hurt’ our nation’s most needy or hurt generations that have yet to make the mistakes of their elders?