- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Zimmerman’s Lawyer Abandons ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense
The lawyer representing the Florida neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin says he won’t be invoking the controversial ‘stand your ground’ law.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
George Zimmerman’s lawyer says he now won’t seek a judge’s opinion on whether or not Florida’s so-called ‘stand your ground’ self-defense law would protect the neighborhood watchman from prosecution for the murder of Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman claims he shot the unarmed teen when attacked by him. Attorney Mark O’Mara says he doesn’t think the evidence supports use of the law, though he’s previously sought to invoke it. He will, however, seek a higher court ruling to have the trial judge removed, claiming percieved bias against Zimmerman.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.