- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 1 day ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Zimmerman’s Lawyer Abandons ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense
The lawyer representing the Florida neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin says he won’t be invoking the controversial ‘stand your ground’ law.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
George Zimmerman’s lawyer says he now won’t seek a judge’s opinion on whether or not Florida’s so-called ‘stand your ground’ self-defense law would protect the neighborhood watchman from prosecution for the murder of Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman claims he shot the unarmed teen when attacked by him. Attorney Mark O’Mara says he doesn’t think the evidence supports use of the law, though he’s previously sought to invoke it. He will, however, seek a higher court ruling to have the trial judge removed, claiming percieved bias against Zimmerman.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.