- President Obama Addresses Airstrikes in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Osama Bin Laden’s Son-in-Law Receives Life In PrisonPosted 8 hours ago
- Math Models Weigh In On Ebola EpidemicPosted 8 hours ago
- The U.S. And Allies Launch Attack Against ISIS in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- PA Manhunt for Alleged Trooper KillerPosted 12 hours ago
- Another Hostage Video From ISISPosted 12 hours ago
- AFMW: Bluegrass group Nu-Blu and Sam Moore, Legendary Soul ManPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Zimmerman’s Lawyer Abandons ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense
The lawyer representing the Florida neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin says he won’t be invoking the controversial ‘stand your ground’ law.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
George Zimmerman’s lawyer says he now won’t seek a judge’s opinion on whether or not Florida’s so-called ‘stand your ground’ self-defense law would protect the neighborhood watchman from prosecution for the murder of Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman claims he shot the unarmed teen when attacked by him. Attorney Mark O’Mara says he doesn’t think the evidence supports use of the law, though he’s previously sought to invoke it. He will, however, seek a higher court ruling to have the trial judge removed, claiming percieved bias against Zimmerman.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.