- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 12 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 14 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 16 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
NYPD Defends Killing Knife-Wielding Man in Times Square [VIDEO]
New York City police defend a deadly weekend shooting of a knife-wielding man in Times Square.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from New York:
Police say 51-year-old Darrius Kennedy appeared to be smoking marijuana in the middle of Times Square Saturday and that when cops approached him, he pulled a large knife and walked backwards down Seventh Avenue refusing to drop it, then lunging at police. These witnesses saw it happen.
(Witness) “He threatened lives of people so he got to get put down.”
(Witness)“Cops are saying drop it, drop it, drop it, and soon as he got to 37th; pop, pop, pop.”
Kennedy was later pronounced dead. His family says the NYPD overreacted in taking his life. Kennedy had a history of run-ins with the law.
Police officials and Mayor Michael Bloomberg say the NYPD’s actions were justified.
In New York, Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on the shooting in Times Square: