- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 28 mins ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 7 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 22 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 1 day ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
F-Bomb: Webster’s Adds New Words to Dictionary
The new version of Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary is out, and it has about 100 new additions.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra has a few of the newly recognized words:
It’s finally made it into the dictionary:
…Just one of about 100 new words and phrases now in the pages of Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. The origins, traced back to 1988, in a Newsday article with now-deceased New York Mets’ catcher Gary Carter, who told the reporter he had given up that word and other profanities.
Some other words in the updated dictionary:
Sexting, Flexitarian, Obesogenic, Energy drink
The Springfield, Massachusetts-based company overhauls the Collegiate Dictionary about every decade, in addition to yearly upgrades.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.