- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
F-Bomb: Webster’s Adds New Words to Dictionary
The new version of Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary is out, and it has about 100 new additions.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra has a few of the newly recognized words:
It’s finally made it into the dictionary:
…Just one of about 100 new words and phrases now in the pages of Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. The origins, traced back to 1988, in a Newsday article with now-deceased New York Mets’ catcher Gary Carter, who told the reporter he had given up that word and other profanities.
Some other words in the updated dictionary:
Sexting, Flexitarian, Obesogenic, Energy drink
The Springfield, Massachusetts-based company overhauls the Collegiate Dictionary about every decade, in addition to yearly upgrades.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.