- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 16 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
F-Bomb: Webster’s Adds New Words to Dictionary
The new version of Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary is out, and it has about 100 new additions.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra has a few of the newly recognized words:
It’s finally made it into the dictionary:
…Just one of about 100 new words and phrases now in the pages of Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. The origins, traced back to 1988, in a Newsday article with now-deceased New York Mets’ catcher Gary Carter, who told the reporter he had given up that word and other profanities.
Some other words in the updated dictionary:
Sexting, Flexitarian, Obesogenic, Energy drink
The Springfield, Massachusetts-based company overhauls the Collegiate Dictionary about every decade, in addition to yearly upgrades.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.