- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 8 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Zimmerman Seeks ‘Stand Your Ground’ Hearing
The lawyer for the Florida neighborhood watchman claiming self-defense in shooting and killing an unarmed teenager in an Orlando suburb is now demanding a special court hearing to determine if the claim can be used as a defense during the upcoming murder trial.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
Since the night George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin to death, he’s claimed legal self-defense under Florida’s so-called “Stand Your Ground” law. The law itself has come under scrutiny since the shooting, with many claiming it was misapplied in that police didn’t arrest Zimmerman at first. His attorneys now claim they’ve presented enough evidence to the court that the judge must allow them the chance to use the “Stand Your Ground” law in an affirmative defense. That itself requires a lengthy hearing, almost mimicking the future trial, with one exception, there will be no jury to decide guilt.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.