- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 2 days ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 3 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
What The Wisconsin Shooter’s Tattoos Tell Us
Submitted by Emily S
Mother Jones deciphers the shooter’s tattoos.
“In particular, a tattoo on Page’s left shoulder (pictured) suggests he was a committed devotee of white-power ideology. The tattoo consists of a large “14″ in Gothic lettering superimposed on a black cross in a circle. The cross, known elsewhere as ‘Odin’s Cross,’ is ‘one of the most popular symbols for neo-Nazis and white supremacists,’according to the Anti-Defamation League. It’s also used as a logo by Stormfront.org, one of the world’s most-visited racist web forums.
“The “14″ itself is particularly telling: It’s a reference to ‘the 14 words,’ a racist credo first set down by David Lane, the cofounder of a white nationalist terror group known as The Order.”