- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 2 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 2 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 3 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 7 hours ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 7 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 13 hours ago
What The Wisconsin Shooter’s Tattoos Tell Us
Submitted by Emily S
Mother Jones deciphers the shooter’s tattoos.
“In particular, a tattoo on Page’s left shoulder (pictured) suggests he was a committed devotee of white-power ideology. The tattoo consists of a large “14″ in Gothic lettering superimposed on a black cross in a circle. The cross, known elsewhere as ‘Odin’s Cross,’ is ‘one of the most popular symbols for neo-Nazis and white supremacists,’according to the Anti-Defamation League. It’s also used as a logo by Stormfront.org, one of the world’s most-visited racist web forums.
“The “14″ itself is particularly telling: It’s a reference to ‘the 14 words,’ a racist credo first set down by David Lane, the cofounder of a white nationalist terror group known as The Order.”