- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 3 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 21 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
What The Wisconsin Shooter’s Tattoos Tell Us
Submitted by Emily S
Mother Jones deciphers the shooter’s tattoos.
“In particular, a tattoo on Page’s left shoulder (pictured) suggests he was a committed devotee of white-power ideology. The tattoo consists of a large “14″ in Gothic lettering superimposed on a black cross in a circle. The cross, known elsewhere as ‘Odin’s Cross,’ is ‘one of the most popular symbols for neo-Nazis and white supremacists,’according to the Anti-Defamation League. It’s also used as a logo by Stormfront.org, one of the world’s most-visited racist web forums.
“The “14″ itself is particularly telling: It’s a reference to ‘the 14 words,’ a racist credo first set down by David Lane, the cofounder of a white nationalist terror group known as The Order.”